Thursday, November 15, 2012

Santa's Baby Set, Part III: The Diaper Cover

I am so excited that I have finished the last of the Christmas photo prop set that I promised to make for our nephew. I will deliver it to him next week, and I can't wait to see how his pictures turn out. I am biting my nails hoping that I got the sizing correct. None of the individual pieces took a long time to make, so I'm sure I could call a "do over" if necessary, but I'd much rather not have to do that.

So without any further ado, here is the completed set! 

Santa's Aviator Set

For the diaper cover, I loosely followed the Newborn Diaper Cover pattern by Casey Braden.  It is listed on Ravelry, and is available on Casey's blog.  Since our nephew is a chunky little monkey of a 3 month old, I adjusted the pattern for a larger waistband and added some width to cover his little behind.  I also added a second button to mimic the buttons on the hat. I really like that the cover is adjustable around the waist. 

In case you missed them, here are links for more information about the other pieces of the set:
Santa's Aviator Hat
The Booties

No comments:

Post a Comment